Post 3: Someone I would like to meet


It is very difficult to think in someone I would like to meet because I have never admired completely at a person, but I´d have liked to meet at Pedro Segundo Mardones Lemebel known address as Pedro Lemebel. Pedro was a Chilean reporter, performance artist, chronicler and social activist for sexual diversity and human rights.

Lemebel was born the 21 November 1952 in Santiago of Chile, specifically in “El Zajón de la Aguada”, an irrigation canal that flows into the Mapocho river, place famous in almost everybody because the scarcity in that live your resident.

His life was influenced for the socio-economic setting and you and your homosexuality. His art it was characterized in performances, chronicle, transvestism, photography, video and various art installations. With these they would advocate for a place for memory, human rights and sexuality in democratic talks.

Always I admire at Pedro Lemebel because He was a pioneering in the fight of the sexual diversity, the dispute for human fight of the community LGTBI+, and the fight for the acknowledgment of people who have AIDS.

Pedro Lemebel passed away on January 23, 2015 in Santiago, Chile of a long laryngeal cancer. As the time passed by I have come to realize that I could have got to meet him.

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares